Global Wind Organization (GWO) Basic Safety Training Packages
GWO Offshore Basic Safety Training Package is the best start to an offshore career in the wind and renewable energy industry.
|Start Date||End Date||Cost|
A refresher course of the Off-Shore Wind BST module is offered to refresh a participant in both the theory and practical parts of the course.
GWO Onshore Basic Safety Training (BST) Package is the best start to an onshore career in the wind and renewable energy industry.
|Start Date||End Date||Cost|
A refresher course of the On-Shore Wind BST module is offered to refresh a participant in both the theory and practical parts of the course.
GWO Fire Awareness participants learn about fire behavior, how to try properly and safely to extinguish a fire, and quite possibly the most important part, how to limit the chances of fire in the first place. In order to make the training as realistic as possible, all of our extinguisher training is done with live fire evolutions.
Arcon Training Center provides individual & packaged Global Wind Organization (GWO) courses to further prepare, and certify, you to work in the renewables and wind energy industry.
The GWO Off-Shore BST Package includes:
- GWO Fire Awareness
- GWO First Aid
- GWO Manual Handling
- GWO Sea Survival and Transfer (video).
- GWO Working at Height (video)
This package consists of all five courses being delivered over five consecutive days.
The GWO On-Shore BST Package includes:
This package consists of all four courses being delivered over four consecutive days.
Each course can be booked individually, not a part of a package. If all you need is First Aid for example, we will be happy to set that up. Please send us a message via email or through the Interest Form.
Delegates completing a GWO BST Package will be able to;
- Start a career in the renewables and wind energy industry
A GWO BST Package includes;
- GWO Fire Awareness – training on the proper way to control and mitigate fire related hazards that can occur within the wind industry
- GWO First Aid – administering safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry in accordance with GWO
- GWO Manual Handling – correctly performing manual handling activities in the wind industry/wind turbine environment
- GWO Sea Survival and Transfer – demonstrating sea survival techniques and safe transfer between vessels and installations
- GWO Working at Height – performing safe and comprehensive basic rescue from height in a remote turbine environment while meeting emergency response requirements for personnel new to the global wind industry
Certificate: Global Wind Organization (GWO) certificates will be issued for each element of the package – certificates to be refreshed every 2 years
Duration: 4/5 Days
Who should take this training: This course is for anyone wishing to work in the renewables and wind energy industry
Fitness: A good standard of fitness is required
Who should take this training?
This course is for anyone working in or wishing to work in the renewables and wind energy industry.
In order to complete a GWO BST Package, delegates must:
Be WINDA registered before arriving for the course
The Global Wind Organization (GWO) have launched a Global Wind Industry Records Database (WINDA) which allows you to verify your GWO certificates with employers.
Registering with WINDA is quick and easy, and you must do this before arriving for your course.
We offer competitive rates at our local hotels close to our training center, shopping mall and restaurants.